On 14/01/15 10:22, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
(Sometimes I wonder whether it would be better if the "nil-message" paradigm was "false-message" instead...)

I don't believe that. False is a value that is a perfectly valid return from a function. Nil is the absence of value, so returning nil means the function could not produce a result. In other words, I need to distinguish between a functio returning the value false, and a function unable to return a value.

Now the question is, why i'm saying this to Roberto? :D

Jorge