lua-users home
lua-l archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

On 1/4/2015 6:34 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
Successfully built and tested with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 on
Windows NT 4.0.


I ran the test suite with "_U=true" and it performed as I would
expect for a non-c99 compiler.  Specifically, hexadecimal floating
point constants didn't work, [...]
That is strange. On Windows, Lua should use its own code to convert
hexadecimal floating-point constants (see 'lua_strx2number' in
luaconf.h). Therefore, those constants should work OK.

Oops, looks like I made a hasty generalization. I looked more closely, and the hexadecimal floating-point errors were all related to formatting them with string.format and "%a" or "%A". Parsing them works okay.

(It looks like support for "%a" and "%A" in printf, etc., wasn't added until Visual C++ 2005.)


Edward Berner