A library binding various POSIX APIs, including curses. POSIX is the
IEEE Portable Operating System Interface standard. luaposix is based on
lposix and lcurses.

I am happy to announce release 33.2.0 of luaposix.

luaposix's home page is at http://github.com/luaposix/luaposix/

his release is focussed on improving portability; it supports Lua 5.3,
eliminates the dependency on bit32 for LuaJIT and Lua 5.1, and builds
out of the box on QNX.  Along the way, many small incompatibilities and
bugs have been fixed.

If you build from source rather than using LuaRocks, you will need the
very latest releases of Specl and it's dependencies: everything is also
available from my moonscript manifest here:

    http://rocks.moonscript.org/modules/gvvaughan

## Noteworthy changes in release 33.2.0 (2015-01-03) [stable]

### New Features

  - QNX support.

  - Lua 5.3.0 support.

### Bugs Fixed

  - `posix.time.gmtime` and `posix.time.localtime` specifications now
    work correctly in January too!

## Noteworthy changes in release 33.1.0 (2014-12-19) [beta]

This was an unannouced beta release to help bootstrap my development stack
with Lua 5.3.

### New features:

 - New `posix.bit32` module with band, bnot and bor functions that can be
   used from any supported Lua release, without worrying about loading an
   external bit operations library.

 - Preliminary Lua 5.3.0 compatibility.

### Bug fixes:

 - No more 'Bad Hints' errors from `posix.sys.socket.getaddrinfo` on many
   hosts.

 - `stdlib.setenv` accepts a 3rd argument again.

Install it with LuaRocks, using:

   ```bash
   luarocks install luaposix 33.2.0
   ```