> The rationale from POSIX
> (http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/dlsym.html):
>
> [...] Note that compilers conforming to the ISO C standard are
> required to generate a warning if a conversion from a void * pointer
> to a function pointer is attempted as in [...]

I forgot to mention: this explanation is wrong (as too many things
in POSIX...). ISO C says that about warnings (ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (E)):

			Annex I
			(informative)
	Common warnings
        1 An implementation may generate warnings in many situations,
        none of which are specified as part of this International
        Standard.

That is, ISO C standard compilers are not "required" to generate any
kind of warning.

-- Roberto