On 12/25/2014 5:18 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
It does compile okay after changing to a c99 compiler.  The "c99"
compiler from Solaris Studio 12.3 compiles with no warnings.  The
bundled gcc (version 3.4.3 plus patches) produces some warnings but
in my experience that is not unexpected from an older gcc.  Using a
locally built gcc 4.8.1 produces only one warning, listed below,
which may be an artifact of compiling in c99 mode.
Just to check: "The bundled gcc" means using Lua out of the package,
only adding "-std=gnu99" to SYSCFLAGS? Does "-std=c99" work too?

Oh. By "the bundled gcc" I meant the gcc that is included with Solaris 10. But yeah, I'm building Lua right out of the package and only adding "-std=gnu99" to the SYSCFLAGS for the solaris target. I just checked and yes, "-std=c99" also works.

--
Edward