> What about `luaL_argcheck(L, is_point(L, 1), 1, "point expected")`?

If I use luaL_argcheck, which is essentially just luaL_argerror, then
I have to manually figure out the type name of the actual argument and
create an according error message, which is exactly what typeerror
does.

> In Lua 5.1 we had[1] this function, but it got removed[2] in Lua 5.2. To be
> fair, it was a trivial function then, but now got a little more complex for
> Lua 5.3.

Sorry, I'm not understanding. This is the trivial function I added to
Lua, which seems to work:

https://github.com/sdegutis/diywm/commit/13598c9e23ca0b3c8bf29447da22f6ab1bf768fd

Regards,
Anonymous Lua User