> Warnings from vs 2013 community eidtion with amost all warnings turned on.
> Compiled source from lua-5.3.0-rc2.tar.gz

Thanks for the report. We do not even try to correct most of these
warnings; they are too picky. (A few will be corrected, but maybe not
now.)  This is a nightmare; some warnings here are caused by code that
intend to avoid warnings in even dumber compilers ;-)

BTW, "Suspicious pointer arithmetic" opens a whole new world for dumb
compilers pretending to be smart :-)

PS: despite my whining, please do not refrain from sending us these
reports!

-- Roberto