On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis@gmail.com> wrote:
> But I assume you mean port it to use ObjC features such as classes,
> and Foundation classes such as NSArray, NSDictionary, NSNumber, and
> NSString.

Exactly. Not as exciting a language as Swift, but you should rather be
thinking of working in a lower-level language that remains aware of
the particular needs of the runtime like reference counting and so
forth - the equivalent of assembly for that platform.

For instance, there are a few ports of Lua to C#, which are very
straightforward and C-like (their weakness IHMO is not the language
implementation but the second-rate emulations of the C runtime).  Now
Boo (the second-greatest language from Brazil) is much more
interesting and compact than C#, but it isn't necessarily a good
choice for a low-level language implementation.

steve d