Quoth SoniEx2:

> To avoid having to change the function body every time (and to be able to
> call itself when using local name = function(args)), I propose an operator
> or keyword or something that returns the same value as
> "debug.getinfo(1,'f').func"...

Most functions aren't recursive, and of those that are, they usually
have a very small, specialized task, so that it rarely needs to be
renamed. I doubt even 1% of future code would use your proposed
operator/keyword. But if you find this feature useful for your
situation, you could just turn that into a function and store it as
debug.thisfunction, which would allow all your code to access it.

-Steven