If I may update you here, the author is indeed China, this is not a
commercial project (not for now anyway) and the software still has issues -
i.e. memory issues. It is not a complete implementation of LUA but a subset.
RAM at this point is a big issue with only a few K to work with. However
code is stored in FLASH and it is possible therefore to boot up into LUA and
into your own routines. I've made a simple TCP/IP listener and that works
aside from a slow memory loss which is being looked at now.

Having tried all the other firmware attempts I have high hopes for this one.
I keep updates on the subject on  my own blog
<http://scargill.wordpress.com>   but beware this site is not about LUA, it
is about home control and related.