On 5 November 2014 11:52, Enrique Garcia Cota <kikito@gmail.com> wrote:
I am one of the judges of this contest. If you have any technical questions feel free to ask here, or send me an email to enrique - at - 3scale.net if you want it to be private.to

Hi,

Your product looks really interesting, and it makes a good use case of using OpenResty (thanks for open sourcing the monitor code and giving it for on-premises use too).

If I understood correctly, the apitools is basically a proxy between application that is making (client) or receiving (server) API requests (in many cases ReST based APIs)? And the middleware sits between the requests and reponses (logging, notifying, combining, transforming, patching, configuring, caching etc.) while still gathering statistics and stuff like that. Kinda like another layer between clients and servers.

Are you also thinking about gathering code to actual ReST APIs client code as well? I mean client Lua libraries that are run on context of monitor? I can think that I could implement APIs as middleware but is a middleware a correct place to do that (maybe even too restricted in some cases, eg. encryption schemes, signatures etc.)? I mean that could you abstract this further so that there is support built-in for hundreds or thousands web APIs (code coming from you and public contributions) so that you just drop them in monitor, configure a little bit and start using (your main application doesn't need then to bother things like authentication, the actual url the API is using, version changes and incompabilities, and things like that)?

Regards
Aapo