Rob
Thanks for the quick response.
I don’t intend to compile Lua on the remote server - are you saying ‘an ANSI C compiler’ because that would fulfil the requirements of Lua accessing the standard C libraries (I’m assuming that there is a weak link when the Lua executable was built).
Would an alternative be to build Lua without weak links and therefore resolve it for all web hosts (the version I am uploading comes with Scribunto so I haven’t built it)
Chris