Hi

I would like to have a wiki on my website, it uses mediawiki which in turn uses the Lua scripting language for templates imported from wikipedia. I set it all up on my website (hosted by BT Business) but got an error '/services/webpages/m/e/metafore.com/public/mediawiki-1.23.5/extensions/Scribunto/engines/LuaStandalone/binaries/lua5_1_5_linux_32_generic/lua: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /services/webpages/m/e/metafore.com/public/mediawiki-1.23.5/extensions/Scribunto/engines/LuaStandalone/binaries/lua5_1_5_linux_32_generic/lua)’
On enquiring as to what caused this BT responded 'We regret to inform you that binary scripts cannot be executed on our servers due to security reasons.'

I’m now looking for an alternate place to host my wiki, having fired a question off to a bunch of website providers, they are all asking me for 'the exact server requirements for Lua Scripts’. Having already given them the above info I’m not sure how to respond.

Is this problem common to people running Lua on off the shelf website hosting services?

Does anyone know of an inexpensive host that allows Lua scripts?

Is there a succinct way of defining exactly what the server requirements of Lua are?

Alternatively could I have set something up incorrectly and BT have answered the wrong question?

Thanks

Chris Wood