In the latest (beta) release of Lua I notice the textual output for both
floating and integer number formats remains <number> (llex.c line 44).

Would it not make more sense to change these to <integer> and <float> to
more correctly indicate in error messages which number type was used?
Or perhaps just change the integer one and leave floating as <number>?

Just something I thought I would mention as I thought differentiating the
two number formats might be useful.

~pmd