> BTW, these are the main changes from alpha to beta:

> * 'dumpint' and co. replaced by 'string.pack'/'string.unpack'
This is all of 'struct'. Bravo!

> * 'ipairs' stops at first 'nil'
> * 'luaL_getmetafield' returns field type
Both very welcome.

> * 'table.copy' -> 'table.move' (plus change in order of parameters)
I like that. But ... could we maybe also have table.reverse?

> * change in handling of non-string error messages in lua.c
It now says:
lua: (error object is a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'error'
    err.lua:2: in function 'replace'
    err.lua:10: in main chunk
    [C]: in ?
Andrew will whoop with joy. So do I.

However, if "__tostring" has been defined, no traceback is added.
Are you willing to share the reasoning behind this with us?