On Oct 23, 2014, at 6:13 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> Lua 5.3.0 (beta) is now available for testing at
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.3.0-beta.tar.gz
>
> MD5	e46b91de3d22a308d3350a14b242e2c7  -
> SHA1	0fa2b527611fe3a1b083359ce15e91f27b108eec  -
>
> This is a beta version. A few details may change in the final version.
>
> The main change in Lua 5.3.0 is the introduction of integers. See also
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/doc/#changes
>
> Another change, new in beta, is the introduction of string.pack and
> string.unpack, which replace and extend string.dump* and string.undump*.
>
> The complete diffs are available at
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/diffs-lua-5.3.0-alpha-beta.txt
>
> A test suite is available at
> 	http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.3.beta-tests.tar.gz
>
> All feedback welcome. Thanks.
> --lhf

Thank you for this latest update, Luiz. After this beta will the next release be the final version?

Sadly, I have had very little time for Lua hacking over the past three months as my partner has had some serious medical issues. The good news is that things have stabilised and I once again have time to devote to hacking Lua!

I look forward to the final release of 5.3.0, in the meantime it seems that I have a bunch of patching to do!

~pmd