Hello to everyone.
When executing Lua from a C program, errors occurring in Lua code are reported as a string pushed on the stack. At least it's my understanding that this is the only way. Is there a way to get a more "structured" error information? Like for example, separate the error code, the line number, the offending variable, the offending value, etc. The formatted string makes it difficult to implement things like localized error messages, or different program behavior according to the kind of error. I tried investigating the debug interface, but it does not seem to help in this regard.
Bye and thanks everybody for your work.
Michele