On Sunday, October 19, 2014, Jay Carlson <nop@nop.com> wrote:

On Oct 19, 2014 8:55 AM, "Roberto Ierusalimschy" <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> > Maybe 'nil' could be treated differently from other nonstrings,
> > and error() be allowed.
>
> We could make an error to call 'error' with nil...

I like that. But I am a hardcore errorist, so of course I would like that.

Yes. I'd do anything for a stack trace there.

I've got Mega Bug, right now. I can't figure out how, but I've managed to create a situation where an error generated inside of a pcall is not returning to the pcall and instead of showing the error message, it gives this error, with no line number, file name, etc. I'm guessing it's some Frankenhack side-effect but I've been at it for a few hours and wrapping error doesn't have any effect.