On 10/8/2014 2:15 PM, Rob Kendrick wrote:
https://www.rjek.com/octopus-heatsink.jpeg

Wow. I'm taking away two lessons from that photo. First, don't put even a through-hole solder joint under long term tensile loading; that just seems like asking for trouble.

Second, that staple-shaped thingy looks like a lovely component to learn the name of for use as a ground test point the next time I'm spinning a board where having a convenient grounding point for scope probes would be nice.

--
Ross Berteig                               Ross@CheshireEng.com
Cheshire Engineering Corp.           http://www.CheshireEng.com/