On Oct 8, 2014 2:41 PM, "Hisham" <h@hisham.hm> wrote:

> On 8 October 2014 14:31, Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I think my mirror is still up-to-date for releases of LuaRocks itself,
> >> but not the rocks themselves as they're now on Moonrocks which scares
> >> numerous fluids out of me.
> >>
> >> https://liblua.so/luarocks/releases/
> >

> > Thanks for the quick response. This will allow me to get past my current
> > issue, but maybe LuaRocks should be hosted with the rocks on moonrocks? Or
> > is there known issues with the host for luarock.org?
>
> The site is back!

Thanks!
I have verified it is up for us.

> Yes, the server where luarocks.org is currently hosted is somewhat
> flaky. Maybe we should move it somewhere else.

I think that might be a good idea.

Just so you know some use cases for the web site:

I am getting a lot of interest in Lua where I work and people use a script I created to make a self contained Lua sandbox with the useful modules installed. This downloads everything (Lua source, LuaRocks release, and modules through LuaRocks) and builds it on their machine.

We also use something similar on our continuous integration setup, so when it can't get at LuaRocks install files I am alerted right away.

I know that this is a bunch of work, but I think LuaRocks is a big part of Lua these days.

Just my two cents.
--
Regards,
Ryan