On 26 September 2014 20:32, Philipp Kraus <philipp.kraus@flashpixx.de> wrote:
Hello,

I have got a Lua function which is filled by the C API.

function myFunction( ... )
        local args = {...}

        -- do something with args

        return args ?
end

The args is a table, but I would like to return the arguments in an equal way in which the args are put to the function. My fuction myFunction should be used in this way:   a,b,c = myFunction( 1, "test", true ) or
a,b = myFunction( 1, 2 )

How can I do this on the return line?

Thanks a lot

Phil

If you want to return the original arguments, just use `return ...`. If you modify the args table in some way and want to return that as a series of values, use table.unpack (unpack in 5.1).