Hello all,

I wanted to announce that I just released Luacxx 1.1, a new C++ API for writing Lua bindings. Luacxx also includes premade bindings for the following libraries:

* Qt 5 Core, Gui, and Network modules
* GObject introspection - allows limited use of things like Gtk
* ncurses - terminal toolkit
* libevdev - Linux input library
* libinput - Wayland input library
* GBM - Mesa's generic buffer manager
* nanomsg - IPC library
* EGL - OpenGL <--> native platform library

Luacxx bindings are written to be as close to the original API as possible. This means that you can use the C/C++ documentation directly when using a Luacxx binding.

This release has a lot of public API changes from 1.0, but I do not anticipate having nearly as much API volatility in the future. Luacxx's own API has been well-tested, but the bindings added in 1.1 are still very fresh.

In the 1.2 release (around 4-6 months from now), I plan to support the following libraries:

* cairo (mostly complete, likely to be pushed in the next few days)
* OpenGL (the binding is easy to write, but using OpenGL solely from Lua requires a companion byte buffer library for writing out vertex data)
* LLVM (just the main modules at first, similar to how Qt's binding looks now)
* GStreamer (GObject introspection is insufficient to really use GStreamer comfortably, so a real binding is necessary)
* ...whatever else you would like to have Lua bindings for! ;)

Luacxx's bug tracker and source code live on Github: https://github.com/dafrito/luacxx

Thanks!

-- Aaron Faanes