Hi Simon,

The SILE engine is interesting; it is small, requires little effort to install on Linux. What I like most over TeX is the native support for Unicode characters and one-time compilation. The output PDF file automatically updates itself on Evince viewer.

I can't wait for SILE's support for math formulae. I know that this feature may take you lots of time to implement, but that would be a great advance and might boost the popularity of SILE.

-- Chien