Hi, Simon. I looked around a bit. Seems like quite the effort.

SILE has been added for the next update of the Where Lua Is Used page
under the Typesetting Category.[1]

No particular date scheduled for the page update. I generally do them
(give or take) about 1-1/2 months apart, as I accumulate new entries.
But should be within the next couple of weeks. I've got enough new
entries to do the update; it's just a matter of finding the 15 minutes
or so that I need to do it and announce the change.

Two questions and two suggestions:

1. Does SILE require UTF8 input? I ask because the GTK dependencies
suggest that it does, but the Manual says in section 2.1 that Notepad
is an acceptable text editor for generating input on Windows. The last
I heard, Notepad was still Unicode-challenged and older versions are
worse.

2. I didn't run across any information about which version of Lua is a
dependency. I'm guessing that it's v. 5.1 because the readme has a
LuaRocks command line that installs some libraries including a couple
I don't recall being ready for v. 5.2. Is it v. 5.1?

Suggestion 1:  The readme omits mention of the potential need to
install LuaRocks and where to get it. My impression is that you may
have inadvertently over-estimated some of your potential users'
familiarity with the Lua ecosystem. :-)

Suggestion 2: The custom on this list when doing a product initial
release or update announcement is to prepend "[ANN] " in the subject
line. Also on the LuaRocks list. There's no documentation of that
anywhere handy that I know of.

Best regards,

Paul

[1] https://sites.google.com/site/marbux/home/where-lua-is-used.

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]