> On Aug 30, 2014 12:05 PM, "Tim Hill" <drtimhill@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> -1 on “read the archives before posting wishes”. Why?
>
> -1 because of the size and length of archives.

Please note that I did not recommend "read the archives".
I merely supported Mike Nelson's advice to read one specific
item, the LuaWiki entry on varargs.

In general, searching the lua-l archives is something
to do on a rainy afternoon when one's plans for outdoor
activity have been scuppered. The LuaWiki, on the other
hand, amply repays an occasional visit. I know at least
one very competent programmer who prefers writing
a LuaWiki article to a long post on the list.

And you have the privilege of editing that article.