On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 4:26 PM, William Ahern
<william@25thandclement.com> wrote:

> OS X doesn't have open_memstream. fmemopen and open_memstream were added to
> POSIX.1-2008, but OS X is only nominally compliant to POSIX.1-2001**, and
> supports very few newer interfaces.
>
> See my other post elsethread regarding fopencookie and funopen.
>

> ** I say nominally because OS X doesn't actually implement some interfaces,
> such as pselect (POSIX.1-2001), according to the specification. The Open
> Group's conformance testing is broken.

Mmm, thanks for the good information (both you and Sean!)  -- yeah I
think I may be wrong on shm_open().  I was reading through the shm_*()
functions last night in my copy of Advanced Linux Programming from
CodeSourcery (love this book) -- I gotta go through it again and find
the function I mean.  After Sean's post I did go look at
open_memstream() but yeah Mac OS X doesn't support this [yet].  I
really love CreateFileMapping() on Windows because even though you
have to give it a page to share it allows you to enforce the buffer
size within that page (it seems).  Anyway, all a side-project :-)  You
can tell I'm not a fan of strict/static typing since I love to "duck"
through interfaces, haha