Hi again,

Thank you Tim for your very clear answer that will avoid me to loose more time on that problem.

De: "Tim Hill" <drtimhill@gmail.com>
Envoyé: Mercredi 13 Août 2014 00:02:54
Objet: Re: Accented variable names

On Aug 12, 2014, at 2:41 PM, astient@laposte.net wrote:

Hi,

Could you please tell me if it possible to use accented variable names in Lua ? I'm using a the IDE named SciTE (adapted to french) to do some Lua code and i can use french accented character inside a string, but i always have an error when i try to use and accented variable name like "caché” :

Lua only accepts basic “A” .. “Z” and “a” to “z” as letters allowed in identifiers.

—Tim