On 3 August 2014 16:00, Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can confirm the http://luarocks.org is back up. So is
> http://keplerproject.org!
>
> Does anyone know what happened?

I still don't know exactly since both me and Fabio looked at it in
different moments, but apparently the VPS provider changed IPs without
warning us, but the control panel of the old instance was still up, so
we kept trying to ressurrect that for days before realizing what
happened. We goofed there, and will consider moving the site away from
that provider now, but the functionality of the luarocks tool
shouldn't be so dependent on luarocks.org now or in the future (it's
still the case for the default config in older versions, though.)

Anyway, lessons learned!

-- Hisham