This is precisely what I do in Hydra[1]; rather than bridging ObjC
using its dynamic capabilities and allowing the user to use it
directly, I just wrap plain old ObjC calls in really simple Lua
methods. Having used (and written) bridges to Objective-C in the past.
It's much, much easier to maintain and to debug.

[1]: https://github.com/sdegutis/hydra/