On 10/07/2014 13.30, Austin Einter wrote:
I just came across a page, which is very close to what I am looking.

http://www.lua.org/pil/25.3.html

The above link gives an idea how to have a generic C function to call any
Lua function.

Anybody used this concept? Please let me know.

I have used it extensively in a project where I could afford the slight performance cost, despite it being real-time code (on an embedded ARM platform). For such uses and for 'casual calling' it is fine; you may want to add a boolean type.

--
  Enrico