On Wednesday, July 9, 2014, Coroutines <coroutines@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Hao Wu <wuhao.wise@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's technically unavoidable but it does have a check to avoid infinite loop
> in __index

I don't see why it would be guarded against, sometimes we want things
to overflow when modeling a particular other thing.

I am not sure about any particular case to intend overflowing the call stack, but here is to threshold the recursive looking up to 100 or something - note that __index can be a function that does anything, a.k.a. unavoidable infinite loop.