On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Rena <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with a lot of what the OP said. However I continue to use Lua and
> put up with these weaknesses because even with them, it's a pretty fantastic
> language.

It would be so much better with some ability to do ffi.  I spend most
of my time making bindings, the mathlib could disappear if we had ffi.
I am not happy with the modules available for this, and luajit is
attractive but a breaking choice.. I wish something were available
from upstream :p  Lua + llvm I guess.  That would definitely increase
the size of Lua, though.