> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>>> PS: I wish the math lib were an optional require, not "pre-required".
>>
>> Edit linit.c and move the math lib entry from loadedlibs to preloadedlibs.
>
> I meant "for everyone" -- but yes.  Another 'vocal minority' opinion
> :-)  Make the math library available but not loaded by default, so it
> gives the impression that it is an extra -- and might better be
> replaced by mathx.

I like this suggestion.

First prize: keep sinh, cosh, tanh in loaded math.
Second prize: keep sinh, cosh, tanh in loadable math.
Third prize: keep sinh, cosh, tanh in Lua source code
   such that they can be activated by as simple a code
   change as the above.

Note that the work3 situation still looks like the first prize
but actually is third prize with that simple code change
being enabled by default.