Hello,

Trying to implement the suggestion from PIL book about improving debug hooks being first call ret hooks and then going to line debug hook when we are on target function I have

local func = getinfo(2,"f").func

if functable[func]==nil then
 local breakpoints = Debugger.breakpoints
 local debuginfo = getinfo(2,"SL")
 local activelines = debuginfo.activelines
 local source = debuginfo.source
local func = getinfo(2,"f").func

if functable[func]==nil then
 local breakpoints = Debugger.breakpoints
 local debuginfo = getinfo(2,"SL")
 local activelines = debuginfo.activelines
 local source = debuginfo.source
 functable[func] = false
 if activelines then
  for line,_ in pairs(activelines) do
   if breakpoints[line] and breakpoints[line][source] then
    functable[func] = true
    break
   end
  end
 end
end

then if functable[func]==true I switch to the line hook

It turns out that this debugger is about twice slower than straigth line hook debugger!!!

Was not a good suggestion?
My implementation is really bad?

Thanks
victor bombi