> On Jun 27, 2014, at 4:15 AM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>
>>  If you are serious about this, you can remove "while", "repeat", "until",
>> "else", "break" and "for" and replace them all with just "if" and "goto".
>
> Indeed you *could*, however, I can't imagine why anyone would *want*
> to do such a thing.
>
> In my view the whole point about adding extra loop controls (ie: continue)
> is to make the code look cleaner and to reduce possible errors... which
> is why I added both the `continue` keyword and the shortcut if style
> statement to my Lua variant.

Please, I was not arguing in favour of doing everything in terms of
"if" and "goto". I was

- pointing out that "break" is merely a short spelling of "goto break",

- and that it would be possible use the same mechanism to add the
constructions "continue", "resume" and "restart" to loops, although
spelling them "goto continue", "goto resume" and "goto restart",

- and begging for help in doing so from people that understand the
logic of lparser.c.