On 26/06/14 05:53, Dirk Laurie wrote:

>>> Unfortunately it still does not explain why there is no continue in Lua
>>> but break exists. This is one of my major hate.
>>
>> Yes, break should go away, its just bloating the language, it can just as
>> easily be modeled with a goto statement, as we don't need a continue since
>> we have goto.
>
> That's sarcasm, right? I'm still working on recognizing sarcasm.

If Dirk then goto sarcasm else goto reality end
::sarcasm::
I would suggest that repeat, while and for should be removed from the
language as they can be implemented with gotos. For some situations this
can even produce the exact same instructions.

::reality::
A while back, I struggled to find one person that uses the goto keyword.

--
Liam