On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Unfortunately it still does not explain why there is no continue in Lua
>>> but break exists. This is one of my major hate.
>>
>> Yes, break should go away, its just bloating the language, it can just as
>> easily be modeled with a goto statement, as we don't need a continue since
>> we have goto.
>
> That's sarcasm, right? I'm still working on recognizing sarcasm.

I would have jumped ship to JS or Python a long time ago because of
how anti-keyword and anti-syntax-sugar the Lua community is (at least
on the list), but I stay because it's easy to sandbox Lua and JS has
no real concept of operator overloading or sane scoping.
*tralahlah....*

(I bring up Javascript because I like how they use 'continue' like
'goto': continue; & continue some_label;)