On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:13:36PM +0200, contact@expare.net wrote:
>  Quoting William Ahern <william@25thandclement.com>:
>
> >On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 09:33:43AM +0200, contact@expare.net wrote:
> ><snip>
> >>To explain the problem (try two):
> >>I can't install the lua compiler (lua do org) with the newest version of
> >>Ubuntu, quote out of the manual of lua to install lua:
> >
> >FWIW, Lua 5.2.3 (the latest lua.org version) comes packaged for Ubuntu
> >14.04
> >LTS already. Just do
> >
> >$ sudo apt-get install lua5.2
> >
> >and for the development headers:
> >
> >$ sudo apt-get install liblua5.2-dev
> >
> >As others have pointed out, your problem with compiling is a missing
> >dependency. But unless you want to install a modified version (something
> >yousay you "refuse" to do), there's no reason not to install the package.
>
>  As first, thanks, this did now install without any error, what I still
> don't understand 'is even stranger':
> I still did not decide which tool I will use, that's why I installed:
> - ZeroBrane Studio <-> It does not throw a error-msg while I try to
> debbug/run a demo scripts, as it also does not open the window for the
> script, it just shows, quote;
> "Debugging session started in '/opt/zbstudio/myprograms/'.
> Debugging session completed (traced 0 instructions).
> Program completed in 1.06 seconds (pid: 2815)."

I stopped using graphical IDEs over 15 years ago and never looked back. I
use a text-based IDE, aka the Unix shell.

That said, ZeroBrane seems to be popular on this list. If you don't find any
help by checking the ZeroBrane archives

	http://studio.zerobrane.com/community.html

or by querying its list members

	http://www.freelists.org/list/zerobrane

you might find help here, but you'd need to re-post because the subject of
your message is unhelpful. Many people do not read every e-mail message that
comes across this list; rather, only the ones that look interesting
according to their subject line.