On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 8:23 AM, David Demelier
<demelier.david@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yesterday I released a new version of my Lua powered web framework,
>> Lapis. This marks version 1.0.0, I'm pretty excited about how far it's
>> come.
>
> Hi,
>
> I always wanted a Lua web framework. This one looks very great! However it
> seems that it is a *requirement* to have nginx, isn't it? I don't plan to
> replace my lighttpd so is it possible in the future to create an application
> without nginx at all?

Provided Lapis is built on top of OpenResty, which is a large
framework itself built on top of Nginx, it seems unlikely, unless you
port the OpenResty API to lighty.

I don't know if it is possible, and if it is it will be non-trivial to do.

Why don't you want to switch? AFAIK, they are both in the same ball
park regarding performance and memory usage.

—Pierre-Yves