On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Peter Aronoff <telemachus@arpinum.org> wrote:

> [1] http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Lua-Programming-Kurt-Jung/dp/0470069171/

That is the book I used to get my start. It's written as a programmed
learning tutorial. I never read it straight through completely though,
and after the first few chapters tended to use it more as a reference
book. I still do.

My biggest criticism of it is not with the authorship. It's the size
of type that was used, far too small for someone with fading eyesight.
But it is now available as an e-book, which lets you control the
magnification.

A couple of other resources that are invaluable: the wiki and mailing
list archives. You can access both here. <http://lua-users.org/>.

Welcome to the Lua community.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]