On 6/13/2014 12:34 AM, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
may i know the pre-requisite knowledge to learning lua and using it as
my primary language?

No prerequisites! Just start coding in Lua and find some Lua code to study. No one can become instantly fluent, we must use it, that is, write and read Lua code.

Back in the Stone Ages, many kids started programming in primary school or even earlier (VIC-20, Apple ][, C64, BBC Micro, ZX Spectrum etc.) They didn't have a speck of Comp Sci knowledge in them either...

i do not have a background in computer science, but, a lot of digging
has led me to believe that i *should* know discrete mathematics and
machine organization, do correct me if i'm wrong.

All you need is curiosity... an oversimplification, but I think Einstein explained it better.

Good luck!

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)