It was thus said that the Great Coroutines once stated:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:
>
> > I find myself using multiple lines with Lua, very often. It's almost a style
> > of programming, especially for obvious things, like passing a function
> > literal as an argument.
>
> Before I say more I just want to say that I rarely need the
> fallthrough behavior of a C-like switch.  I only need it when handling
> exception-like code using pcall() -- I feel the handling is similar.

  I've found that I don't really miss switch in Lua.  The cascading if/else
doesn't bother me all that much [1] and I've also used a table where others
might have used a switch statment [2].

> While this looks concise and is easy to skim for me, it goes against
> the style preferences of others I show my Lua with.

  As long as you are semi-consistent, it's all good [8].

  -spc

[1]	https://github.com/spc476/lua-conmanorg/blob/master/lua/table.lua#L114

[2]	https://github.com/spc476/lua-conmanorg/blob/master/lua/zip/read.lua#L211 [3]

[3]	That module, org.conman.zip [4] and lzlib and you can read ZIP
	files.  If you want to write ZIP files, you'll need
	org.conman.zip.write [5][6].  This is the result of my working on
	LEM [7] files.

[4]	https://github.com/spc476/lua-conmanorg/blob/master/lua/zip.lua

[5]	https://github.com/spc476/lua-conmanorg/blob/master/lua/zip/write.lua

[6]	Encryption not supported, nor is all the various extra file data,
	but what I do have can pretty much deal with a lot of ZIP files.

[7]	https://github.com/spc476/LEM

[8]	I have a highly idiosyncratic C and Lua coding style myself.