  As I told you before, the target system for our pre-compiled
binaries is Ubuntu. Not the regular debian Debian. That's why you need
to do all these hacks. Probably it is also the same cause of the
segmentation fault. Because there is also GTK involved.

  In my opinion, "naive users" as you mention on your initial e-mail
will choose to install an easy system. And Ubuntu seems to be the
common choice.

  Anyway, I never generated binaries for a specific version of libc before.

Best,
Scuri