On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 1:12 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> But the great thing about the licenses we use is that you can
> repurpose any of this and make it into something you can use...

Well, again, free to do what you want -- your project and I have no
interest in taking you up on the terms of your license to do it
differently :-)  I personally view it as a bad move to impose your
avoidance of monkeypatching on others, though most of these locals
seem to be for convenience (shorter identifiers).  Side note:
Libraries usually provide a mechanism, not a policy.

PS: The performance 'loss' from calling string.format() vs sformat()
is pretty negligible, but it is there.  I think we've all seen those
comparison threads before so I won't elaborate ~