On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Coroutines <coroutines@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also don't like libraries creating locals for performance or
> convenience reasons.  In the future it may be an objective to be able
> to redefine something like table.concat() elsewhere -- but to each
> their own. :o)

In this case, I definitely want to use table.concat, it's part of the
private implementation. (You can see I'm not a fan of the "Allow
Monkeypatching" pseudo-rule).  And 'locals for performance' is one of
the those easy optimization moves, which outweighs the theoretical
need to override implementation.

But the great thing about the licenses we use is that you can
repurpose any of this and make it into something you can use...