On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Jay Carlson <nop@nop.com> wrote:

> Do you think a compelling REPL for Lua could exist? What would it look like?

Just want to re-iterate what I said on another thread a week ago (I
think) -- I'd build liblua like normal, then build a shared/dynamic
version of liblua with a main() defined so that it can act as both the
REPL and the .so/.dll.  I'm not sure if Windows allows the same (as a
.dll) but I think that since liblua (the static version) has to remain
minimal for embedders, a shared version would be good for packagers
and those using the REPL -- as a less-restricted all-in-one
library...thing.

First thing I'd change is rewriting "= some expression" to "return
some expression" when you recall from previously written lines
(history).  Jeez that's annoying.