On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Tom N Harris <telliamed@whoopdedo.org> wrote:
On Thursday, May 29, 2014 04:49:56 PM Andrew Starks wrote:
> Nope. You're wrong. This has everything to do with me posting a patch that
> adds a pause to the end of Lua's REPL execution.

Why not wrap it in a BAT file that invokes Lua passing all arguments?

    @echo off
    D:\LuaDist\bin\lua.exe %*
    pause

--
tom <telliamed@whoopdedo.org>

Sure, but that doesn't work on other platforms.

The -i solution works great and I'm reverting back to doing that.

I appreciate your real question, because it gives me just enough excuse to be a little bitchy, although this is not directed at you, but to the thread:

I posted a hack that I made so that I could get comments on its value and in case it would be helpful to anyone else. I didn't ask for a change to Lua, a larger discussion on the REPL or a debate about security. Those things are great, but piling them into this thread makes me extra anxious to read those messages, which turn out to be unrelated and thus could have waited until later.

Get off my thread! :)

-Andrew