Thank you very much for the reply. I will try it out.

Thanks,
Milind

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Doug Currie <doug.currie@gmail.com> wrote:
This whole process works well in windows and linux(ubuntu) but when I run the same process on a Mac I get this error as soon as I require my C module:
Dynamic libraries not enabled: check your lua installation

In the Lua 5.2.3 Makefile:

macosx:
$(MAKE) $(ALL) SYSCFLAGS="-DLUA_USE_MACOSX" SYSLIBS="-lreadline" CC=cc

and in  src/luaconf.h:

#if defined(LUA_USE_MACOSX)
#define LUA_USE_POSIX
#define LUA_USE_DLOPEN /* does not need -ldl */
#define LUA_USE_READLINE /* needs an extra library: -lreadline */
#define LUA_USE_STRTODHEX /* assume 'strtod' handles hex formats */
#define LUA_USE_AFORMAT /* assume 'printf' handles 'aA' specifiers */
#define LUA_USE_LONGLONG /* assume support for long long */
#endif

So, define LUA_USE_MACOSX in your build.