Thanks everyone for the answers.

Yes, we call it memory hoarding. It is not a definitive name yet, but we are working on that.

I will take a look at the options for tracking the problem.

But what I am actually looking for are running programs with the symptoms (huge increasingly memory use), so I can analyze them and improve my research. If anyone has a program with excessive memory consumption synmptons and is whilling to share, that would be perfect.

Thanks again,
Pablo Musa