On May 3, 2014, at 11:32 AM, Karel Tuma <kat@lua.cz> wrote:

Excerpts from Tim Hill's message of 2014-05-03 20:09:31 +0200:
If I understand your design correctly, a better approach is not to release the reference on the userdata until you are sure that it is truly no longer needed.
Candid reply, indeed. As I said, it is evil. The problem with your
suggestion is what happens when one does not have control over
"when it is no longer needed".

I re-read your posts and admit I’m not clear on your design or it’s final goals. Can you clarify?
—Tim